Monday, August 28, 2006

Lions and Tigers and Bloggers! Oh My!

The Quilter and I took our offspring to the zoo today. Actually, the Quilter had kindly (if insanely) taken my two girls home after church yesterday, so I met them at the zoo. We didn't see everything at the zoo, but we did visit the exhibit where you could reach into the water and touch stingrays and small sharks. The exhibit closes after Labor Day, and this was the last "free Monday" of the season for those who live in Cuyahoga County, where the zoo is located, so we took advantage of it. We also saw some other fun animals, including some fellow confessional Lutherans! Theo(logical) Universe was there with two of his children and his father the Pistol Packin' Presbyter, who really ought to get his own blog! Die-Hard Equestrian was also representing the blogging crowd, but since she has the Curse of the Photographer as well, she took the picture.


After Cedar Point on Friday, the zoo today, and spending Saturday afternoon and evening with my in-laws who were up for a soccer game my nephew played in town (he attends Cardinal Mooney High School), I'm ready for a rest!!!

3 comments:

Lutheran Lucy said...

It does sound like you need a rest Barb! :)

skatey katie said...

wow
*touching* stingrays and sharks??
i can hear the music for jaws playing in my head...
do-do-dooo-DO-DOOOO...

sounds like lotsa fun was had by all !!!!!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Kate, I started humming that music when one of the shark's fins came up from the water and was gliding along! The sharks were very small, though they could take a nip out of you if you were rough with them. The stingrays had had their stingers removed, without harming them.