Thursday, August 24, 2006

How About Them Indians?

That game was so much fun last night! To be down 10-1 in the first, come back to tie it 13 all in the ninth, and win it 15-13 in the tenth! Interesting for any fan of baseball. Last night the youngsters were teaching the old guys how to get it done. Choo, Garko, Grady, Luna.... Mastny did a respectable job closing the game, although he's too young to pin our hopes on yet. I just saw that Choo shares my birthday, too, although he is a few years younger than I!

Being the crazy night owl insomniac I am, I then listened to Kevin Keane's entire show. Kevin was encouraging listeners to call fellow Indians fans who had probably shut the game off after the first inning and gone to bed. Kevin called his mom, who of course had stayed up for the whole thing. She did raise Kevin, after all. The only person I could have called was Marie at the Homestead Lutheran Academy, but I didn't think she'd appreciate it! Yes, our season is dead, but it was fun watching the game anyway. There's always next year!

5 comments:

Marie N. said...

Hi Barb,

I did not listen to the whole game, but I managed to catch the Tribe's go ahead run in the 10th. How's that for timing. I can't stand Kevin Keane's show. I usually hit my tollerance limit around 90 seconds into the show.

Eww. I just realized I tollerate Bob Becker better than Kevin Keane. Must seek help.

Scott said...

Who?
};-)

Rick said...

Hon, they have medications to help with your, um, "problem". :-p

Scottius Maximus said...

I wish our team this year could do something good like this. Go Indians.

RPW said...

The Indians have been doing awesomely....I could be a fan, if it weren't for the DH

Go Dodgers!